With it’s high water content, melon moves through the body at a great speed, cleansing and rehydrating the system. A slice of melon is a fantastic diet food and is particularly good at combating bloating and puffiness.
Melon also contains potassium which can lower high blood pressure and bad LDL cholesterol. Cantaloupe melons are very high in vitamin C and beta-carotene, both of which are naturally anti-aging and aid cell repair and growth, as well as supporting the immune and circulatory systems.
Secret Recipe For Melon Moisturiser
1/4 fresh melon, peeled and deseeded
piece of muslin
1 tbsp olive oil
- Blitz the melon only in a blender then filter the juice through the muslin.
- Squeeze the lemon to extract 1 tsp of juice.
- Mix the melon juice, lemon juice and olive oil in a container.
- Cover and store in the fridge.
- Apply twice daily to the face and neck with cotton wool.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Nutrients: Vitamins B3, C, E, beta-carotene, potassium, Zinc
Erika Doolan – Nutrition Consultant
by dylan mcgrath
COMMENTS ARE OFF THIS POST