Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) sufferers can be very confused when trying to alleviate their symptoms. Each individual is different some may be more constipated, some may have frequent diarrhoea and others may have both. If you have bloating, abdominal pain or flatulence and under mental stress, the possibility is you are suffering from IBS.
Here are some basic tips I recommend
- drink 1.5 litres of water a day.
- Avoid sugar, wheat, refined foods, dairy, alcohol, stimulants and sulphur rich foods like onions, eggs and cabbage.
- Eat plenty of lightly cooked fresh vegetables, seeds and fruit.
- Bananas and the pectin in apples can help with diarrhoea.
- Brown rice is the least allergenic grain choice and is generally the best grain for IBS.
Remember these are only basic tips each individual is different and must be assessed to find out what is causing these symptoms.